Monday, March 21, 2011

Girls' ice hockey tournament

Every year, I get to caricature ice-hockeying tweens and teens on the last day of a regional tournament, and yesterday was the day.

At first, I was drawing quite a few siblings dragged along to watch their sisters' games, meaning they most emphatically didn't want hockey poses:

The young lady on the left asked to be drawn doing a spiral, so I  Google-imaged it on my trusty Iphone for reference. Then I used it for the next little girl who asked to be drawn figure skating.

Eventually the players arrived and sat for me with their jerseys on their laps so I cold draw them correctly--here's a few:
These are the only two boys I got to draw all day!

Couldn't resist taking a photo of this girl's hockey-inspired creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment