Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trip down Memory Lane...circa 1995


While doing some last minute Christmas-dinner shopping with my daughter yesterday at a local farmer's market, we ran across some long-ago examples of my pre-caricature art life--a mural and some signs I did for a hamburger stand. It's been so long since I've seen these that I was almost startled when we walked past them! Madeline wasn't much more than a toddler at the time.
You can tell I had a lot more interest in doing the faces of the Amish family than in the background of the mural! Back then, I did not really know much about painting, especially broad expanses like skies or using perspective for a landscape. Today, I would do it much differently, but that's why seeing my old work is helpful--it reminds me where I started, and to be grateful that I've progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment