Saturday, March 7, 2009

40th birthday party!






Back to the gig whirl---today I drew at an intimate 40th birthday party. A thoughtful wife had invited their family and friends over to celebrate her hubby's big day. "40 is the new 30" right? ;-)
The small number of guests meant that I was able to do full-color caricatures of everyone, which was especially fun for me; and meant an even nicer favor for the guests, since I could spend a little more time on each one--and chat too. Sometimes at hectic events, where the goal is to draw as many people as fast as possible--I miss the interaction with my subjects. Today, I had it in abundance. Thanks so much for having me! :-)

Update 3-10-09. This party came to me through my Gigmasters webpage, and the client can afterwards opt to submit feedback there. This is what she posted:
Emily was an amazing addition to my husband's 40th birthday party. We hired Emily to draw caricatures during our cocktail hour-- Our guests were surprised and delighted to take part in this experience. Emily put everyone at ease as she worked and was 100% professional. I would use her again in the future and would highly recommend her to anyone considering a caricature artist.

Thank you so much!
I am always amazed and humbled that my clients take the time to do this. Their words are like valuable gems to me, as they put potential clients at ease-- in knowing that their entertainment dollars spent on my caricatures will go a long way in making their guests happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment