Sunday, August 15, 2010

A cute little one's 1st birthday...

On Saturday afternoon, this little guy celebrated his first birthday with a backyard pool party for family and friends...isn't he adorable?

I drew him first in color, then did all the other kids in BW....there were LOTS of babies and toddlers, which I love doing. Once upon a time, they were the hardest for me to draw, as they usually can't sit still and their proportions are so different from those of older kids and adults. People usually express amazement that I can get a likeness at all! It's mostly a matter of keen observation and constant practice, as all babies definitely do not look alike.


After the kids came the grown-ups!


One of the best things about being a travelling caricaturist is meeting the wonderful people who have me draw for them. This family was no exception! Thank you for having me! :-)


Update: The client provided Gigmasters (where I got this gig) with some wonderful feedback, which really helps future clients feel good about booking me for their own events:
Emily rocks! We hired her for our son's first bday party. I've never had so much excitement or gotten such great feedback from party guests than I did with Emily. Everyone loved their caricatures and I loved that they got an original and creative party favor! Thank you Emily!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment