Monday, June 7, 2010

Graduation party for a new nurse...

On Saturday afternoon, I joined a large family celebration for a daughter's graduation from nursing school. I'd done a digital caricature beforehand for the guest-of-honor's sign in:

She was totally surprised by the party!

And she totally surprised ME by walking in with curly hair (that's not the style she was sporting in my reference photo from the client --her mom!) I was very relieved when she told me the caricature caught just how she looked with straight hair! :-) That's her on the right, below.

There were lots of grandchildren and cousins to draw. This little girl had the biggest eyes I have seen in awhile...

This family, especially the guys, had an endless supply of one-liners which kept me in stitches!

The country club where the party was held served some wonderful food, including a mashed-potato bar! You could choose white or sweet potatoes, and there were condiments for each ( I chose brown sugar and carmelized walnuts for mine, so it was more like a dessert!) and then it was presented in a martini glass. Mmmmm...

My camera-woman and video-editing skills are progressing:



Below is how her sign-in looked after her family and friends had added their sentiments:



My client graciously emailed some wonderful feedback to Gigmasters this morning:
The experience was fantastic! Everyone loved their pictures. Emily was very personable thru the entire event. And also very helpful to me answering questions etc. And there were numerous comments on her talents and that she was the best caricaturist they had ever seen. I would recommend her to anyone wanting this type of service. She made it very entertaining. I cannot say enough good things about her and her work.

Thank you Sandra, I'm blushing!! Of course, I had as much fun as you all did!

No comments:

Post a Comment