Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time-lapse caricature--from start to finish

Last week, I had my other half with me at an event and he took plenty of "in-progress" shots of this couple's caricature as it came to life.  I edited them all together in a one-minute video and put it on my Youtube channel. Click to see it: Time-lapse Couple Caricature

Actual time it took to do their drawing was about eight minutes.

It's so much fun getting more into the video aspects of showing my caricatures--my Macbook, IMovie, and Youtube make it a breeze.  This morning, I received an email from a potential client (who is now an actual client :-) that let me know my efforts are having some happy effects:

Hi, Emily. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I've looked at your web sites and am very impressed. I should tell you that the videos you have done at your events are really helpful.  It's nice being able to actually see the responses of the people you have drawn and to see a little of your personality, as well. Your site was the first one that made me smile and laugh, and that is why I chose you. And, obviously, I really like your style of art. 
I'm looking forward to working with you! Talk to you soon. 

I wrote back and told him his comments made my day!

My thanks to Jean and Carl, the subjects of this video. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment