Sunday, June 30, 2013

My niece's wedding sign-in and reception...

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of seeing my niece Jess marry her best friend Justin. I also had the pleasure of seeing their guests put their signatures to the caricature sign-in I made for them...and drawing many of those same guests at the reception.
Here are the newly married couple with their caricatured selves...
Below: This is a better look at the custom-cut mat (the lower area is bigger then the top, to accommodate more signatures) and 12 x 16 frame. The silk flowers in their wedding color, periwinkle, were glued to the outside of the frame.
A couple of signers in action:
The groom has an aversion to cotton balls, so I glued a few to the frame's corner protectors. ;-)

Below are some of the faces I drew---some I've known for years:
Others were new to me, like the groom's family:



Got a great reaction from that last couple, and he really did twist his mouth up like that!

Congratulations, Jesstin!!!  (I couldn't resist). It was a beautiful wedding and I was so happy to be a part of it.








No comments:

Post a Comment