Monday, July 7, 2008

Drawing little kids in Baltimore...

Yesterday, I drew nothing but kids at a Baltimore Orioles game, which was funny because the night before that I drew all adults! Someone recently did ask me at a gig, what kind of face do I prefer drawing? My answer was that I could never choose--because I love variety!
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Above) This little guy's parents tracked me down from a caricature I did of their older son at Orioles Fanfest in 2005. (All my paper is labeled with my own or an agent's website.) They emailed Rick to find out when I would next be at Camden Yards-what a compliment!
Photobucket
Photobucket
On my way home in the summer twilight, I decided to stop and visit a place that I have only seen from the vantage point of driving over it...the Conowingo Dam.
Photobucket
It's on the Susquehanna River above the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, and makes hydroelectric power for use during peak periods of demand. It's also a place famous for bird-watching, and many American eagles nest here. However, on the access road down to the park nestled next to the dam itself, I saw a bird of another sort!
Photobucket
He's got beautiful plumage!

2 comments:

  1. Your caricatures are great. It's amazing how you pick out the "characteristic" of each face that really "makes" the drawing. Last time I watched the Orioles was in 2000. Beautiful baseball park. I was not drawing but I was eating hot dogs and drinking beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, and thanks! I can't explain how I draw the way I do, but I love doing it. And Camden Yards IS a exceptionally nice, family-fun, national-pastime kind of place....

    ReplyDelete