Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gift sign-in caricature for a nurse graduation party...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Today was my daughter and her friend's double celebration for their recent graduation from nursing school. I had done a digital caricature of the two of them (friends since age five!) to use as sign-ins for their party. Here they are signing each other's--the mat is 11x14 with an off-centered 5x7 space for the caricature, which I thought worked out better in this instance than a huge 16x20.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My other contribution was--- the cake. As LPNs, they'll see alot, which explains this...
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was as much fun for me to hear guests' reactions to the cake as it was to the caricatures! My cake-making skills have been hibernating for a long time (since caricature took over my life, actually) so it was a relief to me that I still can create custom ones.
Amazing that just a candy thermometer, orange, red and black icing, and just a little bit of dark chocolate elicited such laughter ( and some groans!)

10 comments:

  1. LOL - I just love that cake Emily - I'd be very careful which bit I ate !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tel, it did go over quite well with the guests of honor and everyone else! My daughter even called dibs on who got the gross part...

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww,
    grosssssssssssssss. (but wicked funny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious.

    And wrong.


    And hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to them.
    And that cake is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, thanks Jert and Keelan! Even my prudish 78-year-old mother thought it was funny....

    ReplyDelete
  7. gahhh hahahaaaa!

    I love that the ass is hairy!

    You are the Greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee, thanks Dan and Kristen...the dusting of chocolate ass-hair was a last-second inspiration!

    FWIW, it was a yellow cake with orange (literally, made from orange juice) buttercream icing...altogether three cakes baked in a deep-dish pizza pan, and one Bundt cake cut up and sculpted together to make one sad derriere...it weighed a ton! BTW the board it was on was my easel board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buutercream icing??? Butt or cream icing!
    How appropriate.
    greypoet

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Gross! Cool! ???

    ReplyDelete