Friday, September 26, 2008

My first airbrushed caricatures!

I've always been awed by my friends who are masters with an airbrush. So when the opportunity came along for me to try it, I admit to being a little apprehensive. It's such a technical medium, and I am technologically challenged! However, with a little rudimentary practice this past summer, I arrived here in Texas ready to work. First, here's the booth, with Celestia in it:
Photobucket
These are my first pieces ever, in airbrush, my samples:
Photobucket
Photobucket
And here are some of my first customers!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have a ways to go on these, my color application is spotty in places, but I am having fun and learning at the same time. Doing it live is different than playing in my studio, which is the only practice I have had before this.
Not everyone wants color, and even the method for BW is new to me: a 6B lead in a holder.
Photobucket
Celestia is a wonderful teacher/mentor, so it was fitting that she was featured in a news story on the opening of the fair!
Photobucket
TV news story on opening of Texas State Fair
I did try a corny dog, and I'm going to draw them on alot of my caricatures, but I don't know if I can stomach chicken-fried bacon!!!

2 comments: