Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post-prom open house

Photobucket
Last night, I was part of a post-prom or post-grad party open house. Specially-invited parents and students could see and try all sorts of entertainments available for such parties: inflatables, card games, slots, tarot readings, games of skill, computer photo booths, video animation booths (the guests wear a special bib and they are filmed dancing on cute little bodies, to popular songs!) and my caricatures...
This should translate into even more bookings next spring, if I go by the guests' reactions!
My airbrush made its second appearance drawing clients since my month in Texas. I also drew my more usual artstix and marker caricature, and was busy most of the night.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
One of the young men who was running the cartoon-dancing-animation booth came over to chat before it got busy, and told me it was his birthday. So I did an airbrush caricature, while telling him about the recent NCN convention. When I mentioned some of our big names (specifically Tom Richmond of MAD), he got up, went over to his bag, and pulled out the "Dork Knight' issue!!!!
Photobucket
Serendipity!

No comments:

Post a Comment