Thursday, June 19, 2008

Floating graduation caricatures

Very early Thursday morning, I found myself out of my usual caricaturing area to do a very unusual gig. It was held on a small cruise boat circling Manhattan, NYC, celebrating a high school graduation. I've done this gig several times over the years, with fellow caricaturist Angie Jordan, but never got any photos, so my intention was to get some this year!
This is the ship: ( sorry they're blurry!)
Photobucket
This is the ballroom where we drew:
Photobucket
Here are some of the graduates:
Photobucket
(The little arrow says "valedictorian"!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Finally, two shots of some of the scenery: The first was through the door adjacent to my easel. For the second, I actually interrupted a drawing for a moment to get a photo of Lady Liberty as we passed her!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment